Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Hello Gorgeous!

I greet my daughter with "Hello Gorgeous" everytime I see her. While I am not putting my daughter and Common Core Standards on the same level of awesomeness, I am putting this website up there (almost). The words "Common Core" make every muscle I have tense just a little. I'm always looking for an easier and better way to link what my students do in the classroom directly to Common Core so I am absolutely sure I'm not dropping the ball anywhere. Then I found this pretty:

Go ahead, click on it. I think you're going to really like where it takes you. A website of Common Core Standards for every grade level. But it gets better. When you hover your cursor over a standard, it gives you an example problem. And it's still getting better.... If you click on the standard, it takes you to another website where you (or your students) can practice problems that fall under that standard. So I'll say it again... "Hellllooo Gorgeous". Maybe I'm over excited being this is my first year teaching 4th Grade Math, but maybe not, maybe this is as awesome as I think it is. You're welcome.
 
In light of my new found friend, Mr.IXL, I am creating math worksheets that are targeted to each standard, then worksheets that are mixed problems of all of the standards under each strand. Lots of work, but the pay off for my sanity this year will be well worth it. In the mean time, I'll be posting a cute little Halloween Student Activity Pack FREEBIE later today. :)
 
Have a great Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. I hope I can see more posts. I want to read your articles. Because they are very useful, I always wait for new posts. They are my cup of tea. Thank you for your contribution to the community. Please check link tiktok videos to see more Watch and Download Tik Tok Videos Online

    ReplyDelete