Monday, October 8, 2012

Sandwich on a Stick! { Munchy Monday }

What a weekend! I went to a bachelorette party on Saturday night, and let's just say this mama of two can't party like she used to. Ouch.

As hard as it is for me to ever be brief with my words, today I have to. It's a teacher workday packed with meetings and lots to do. So I bring you a lunch idea that is about as quick and easy as my morning needed to be today. I said last week that I cannot stand sandwichs. Something about them just grosses me out. But we all know sandwichs are popular because they're easy to eat on the run and easy to put together. So here's your genius alternative:


I'm a teacher, not a photographer. So I'm using this appetizing picture from onecharmingparty.com. (On a side note, I live for my kids cute little parties, and onecharmingparty.com is a perfect resource for them!) Back on track, it's as simple as it looks: sandwich ingredients on a toothpick. You could do this without the toothpick but it's not nearly as appetizing. Who honestly just wants to shove a whole slice of turkey in their mouth? Ew. Eating your sandwich (minus the bread and carbs) off of a toothpick is so much more fun and there's ZERO mess. No crumbs. Nothing. So give it a try, you can pretend you're at a trendy party :) Believe me when I tell you, you'll have lots of "Oh my gosh. I never thought of that!" comments and lots of teachers following suit. Sandwichs are so out anyways.

Just make sure you get creative with your ingredients. Use things you maybe wouldn't put on a normal sandwich. Add some cucumbers, green peppers, cherry tomatoes, celery, cubed cheese, olives.... look at that, it's already healtheir to eat a sandwich on a stick :)

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment