Thursday, November 8, 2012

A new kind of lesson {Webby Wednesday}

A day late... story of my life for the past 2 weeks. Better late than never right? Let's get right to the point. I love using PowerPoint. It's so convenient and easy but in a time of Smartboards and Mimios the PowerPoint presentation has kind of fallen to the wayside in schools. While a student teacher we had to attend a little workshop about this presentation website called "Prezi". Little did I know Prezi was going to be the bomb-dot-com!

It's a free website (free to register, free to use) where you can create awesome presentations for your class. It's interactive, detailed, easy and fun. I created one about South America for my 2nd graders. It looked like a classroom but when they clicked on the books, they opened. When they clicked on the alphabet, it showed them a native animal that started with that letter. I will admit it did take a little while to learn but if you're a little tech savvy, it should be a breeze! Go check it out, I guarantee your students will love it.

If you're interested in seeing or using my South America presentation, leave me a comment with your e-mail address. I would be happy to send it to you!

** TIP: You can learn a lot from watching tutorials and the example presentations provided on the website. Good Luck!
 
{Here it is: www.prezi.com}
 
 
Have a great Thursday!
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I found your blog in your Liebster Award nomination! I am happy to say I am your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete