Monday, October 1, 2012

Healthy Peanut Butter Dip {Munchy Monday}

When I'm listing my favorite foods, I put Peanut Butter very (very) close to the top of the list. I love it. I love it with fruit, with chocolate, by itself, I just love it. When I met my husband I found out that when his personal training clients want to "bulk up" (gain weight) he advises them to eat spoonfuls of peanut butter whenever they're hungry. Bad news for me. I assure you I am definitely not trying to "bulk up". Ever. So I thought that meant the end of the peanut butter road for me. He suggested I dip my lunch fruit in yogurt. Not a fan of yogurt. So I needed a middle of the road alternative, the taste of a great fruit dip for my lunch without the "bulk up" of my beloved peanut butter. I've searched high and low for a great dip, in comes "Life Made Whole" and her wonderful "Healthy Yogurt Dip".

 
I don't need to even give you a recipe because it's right there on the picture. (I used her picture because I wanted you to see just how simple it is.) Throw all of the ingredients together, stir and refrigerate. I love this because its healthy and easy to eat. I don't always use the the natural peanut butter though. (If you chose to use natural peanut butter, it may not keep quite as long, but you should get a few days out of it.) I spoon a little into a small tupperware and because it's so easy I can eat it as a morning snack or with my lunch. It's a light little pick me up :)
 
**Everyone has different taste, so if this snack isn't for you, don't you worry, I have a lot more where this came from!
 
{Note: In my quest to bring you healthy lunch options, I will also provide you with the original source of the recipe (unless of course it's an original from our kitchen). They should get credit for their great ideas and best of all, you'll be able to use their websites/books for even more healthy choices}
 
Let me know if you try this one. I think you'll love it! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment